OASIS QuickStart

Rate this topic

I just got the new PtS newsletter and the main articale was about the IDS and making it more integrated by adding wireless connectivity to the PTS web site. We already do that with a wireless hub but the second part was the interesting thing. somehow you can click on a button for oasis quick start and the thing will get the vin from the truck and load it into oasis with any codes. thats cool!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah it works ok. basicly if IDS is connected when you click on the quick start button on the pts site it pulls the vin if it can plus pulls pcm codes too. you dont have to have IDS running just have the VCM connected. it still need tweaking like its a work in progress but they gave us access to what they have as of now.

• 4 weeks later...

cool concept, I have wanted to try this but my wireless connection has been on the fritz at the shop lately. Im lucky if I can get it to update on its own without pluugin into a hard line.