Climate controls

Rate this topic

k heres another one.. this weekend i was out in the desert doing some off-roading.. i got back to camp and everything was fine.. i shut the truck off and 20 min later i had to start up and run again and my climate control wasnt working.. so the first thing i did was check fuses.. nope not that. cant think of anything else at the moment.. iv gone 3 days no air.. nothing comes on the display. and of course local dealer wants $100 just to diagnose problem.. screw that.. is there a wiring diagram for this i can look at.. in cab electronics isnt my specialty.. i did pull the dash and check for loose connections..

J, i dont think you know what you are going to start here.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boink3.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boink3.gif would u rather go to a independent shop ----> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/stooges.gif

no i would rather do it myself if i had a schematic of the dash. i put the viper alarm and stereo in this truck, im sure i could figure the rest out.. it would hurt to know in the future.. plus im really anal about my truck on who touches it.. i will not drop my truck off anywere and have it worked on..i do pretty much everything myself.. my personal truck is an 05 and it looks brand freekin new.. in and out..

Helm publishes the manuals for FMC. You could call them and own your very own wiring diagram. Im sure it will be of good use to you and will save you from having to take the truck to the dealership. If you look in your owners manual there is most likely a number for helm. If you have purchased access to motor alldata or fords site you will be able to get them there also. Good Luck.

Mr. Zitnik... if you came to work at a Ford store, you would have unlimited access to all the service publications.... Unfortunately, you would also find that you have to deal with all manner of aftemarket pieces that take a "standard" job and add special considerations... special considerations that make the job harder to diagnose and more time consuming to repair...

But wait... there's more.... You'd also find that Ford has structured labour times... these labour times are pared to the bone - offering the tech no extra time to deal with trucks that are no longer standardized.

And it get's even better... in exchange for access to these service publications, you promise not to share them with the public.

But the best part about being a flat rate tech in a Ford store???? Everyone with a Ford expects free shit... because we make too much money... even if we are standing around with no work.... but that gives us even more time to give away everything we have learned the hard way....

heres the thing. i call a dealer and tell them that i have a problem with my truck. i already know what the problem is and pretty much how to fix it. now when i take it down there they want me to pay them $100 just so they can tell me what the problem is.. thats $100 of info i already know. now plus hourly rate to fix the problem on top of that and then parts on top of that.. tonight i went down to a local dealer and the electronics tech is a friend of mine and let me look at the wiring book of my truck, and make copies of the info i needed to fix things myself.. like i said i love working on my own truck.. i have never had any major issues with it, and i hate having other people fix things for me.. when i need some simple info for my knowledge i usually end up getting it..

Well... this is the thing... You don't know what the PROBLEM is... you only know what the SYMPTOMS are. There's a big difference there..... one that needs to be realized.

Not one shop is going to charge you to tell you your EATC display isn't displaying.... they are going to charge you to tell you WHY it isn't displaying.... and that, sir, is something you really don't know at this point, either.

I would have thought, since you are involved in a side market to the automotive industry, that this difference would have been apparent to you.

Backing up one little step... you have just told us that we expect to be paid for stating the obvious.... Sir... it angers me that you hold the people that populate this group in such low esteem....

Am I to understand that the golden goose only shits on my lawn? Hell, the only reason I come to work is to keep from getting bored. Bring your truck to me, I'll fix it for free, and I'll cover the cost of parts.

Actually, you can probably save me quite a bit of time if you bring in your wiring diagram photocopies, and tell me where the problem is. I'll reach back there and fix it for you while the truck is still on the service drive. You probably don't even have to shut it off or even get out.

Even better, how about I come to your house or place of business. I'll get your truck working right there in the parking lot, and I'll even change the oil for free - for allowing me the priviledge of touching your automobile.

ass...

I told you J, you shouldnt have said what u said....

as to Jim... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif

Jim For President.

I couldnt imagine it.... Service writer calling the customer "yea sir...you're EATC is not working. That will be $100.... Now if you want us to find out why, that will be another $100 "

Keep fueling this thread....i'm loving it... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif

Am I to understand that the golden goose only shits on my lawn? Hell, the only reason I come to work is to keep from getting bored. Bring your truck to me, I'll fix it for free, and I'll cover the cost of parts.

Actually, you can probably save me quite a bit of time if you bring in your wiring diagram photocopies, and tell me where the problem is. I'll reach back there and fix it for you while the truck is still on the service drive. You probably don't even have to shut it off or even get out.

Even better, how about I come to your house or place of business. I'll get your truck working right there in the parking lot, and I'll even change the oil for free - for allowing me the priviledge of touching your automobile.

ass...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Well put.

Josh, I sent you a P/M to be careful how you come across to all of us here on the DTS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif You did not listen to me, sorry for you.

We all enjoy interacting with one another and sharing info. It makes all of our lives and jobs a little easier to deal with. I'm personally tired of dealing with the little jabs back and forth. If you can participate and be a constructive member here cool, but if not just stay out of the posts and read them the way many people do.

Don't get me wrong I think that you would be a great addition here but keep in mind that all of us here are here because we do this with Ford for a living. We don't make money unless we are productive and solve the everyday problems, it's bad enough that the Manufacturers keep changing the rules day to day, but add in the A/M and it gets to the point where most of these guys don't want to talk to the A/M companies.

The end users have become accustomed to trying to hide the fact that they have the programmers or anything else on there trucks for fear of voiding a warranty because of a A/M related failure. If you ask these guys that are here, if they know what they are dealing with, most and I can say with confidence that most will push thru a warranty for a good honest customer that informs the dealer of the fact of a A/M part on the truck. The ones that lie to them, shame on them. Most do lie about it.

All that I ask is be part of the solution and not the problem.

Thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif