FORD LABOR TIME TO REPLACE INJECTORS

Rate this topic

Does 1.7 hr to replace #3 injector sound right?

Or should that labor op be used in conjunction w/ something else?

Technically that is the time to replace all inj. on left bank, or is right bank? depends on where you stand! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

How did you write it up? Just the diag alone can get you close to an hour. Did you do the obligatory re-flash? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif ...not to start anything but just mentioning a re-flash can sometimes cause a riot! he he he

The on-line SLTS shows replacing all on the passenger bank pays 2.1 hours and all on the drivers side pays 1.7 hours. Since the procedure for the passenger side has been up-graded you can no longer take the evaporator plenum removal time for access( automatically kicks out as overlap). You should also be sure to get all your diag. times and any M-time for relative compression, power balance and active commands you performed as testing to pinpoint the injector(s) as failed.

Quote:
You should also be sure to get all your diag. times and any M-time for relative compression, power balance and active commands you performed as testing to pinpoint the injector(s) as failed.
Yup. Those ops are there and I am sure you did a bit of diagnosis so be sure to get paid for it. And don't forget to clean the oil from the CAC tubes while you have them off to replace the injectors. Pays 0.1 but hey, every tenth counts!

Thanks guys for the answer. I was paid previously for the diag, 2.8 or so, but I did not expect the inj. R&R to only pay 2.1hr.

[also got paid for the wrong side!]

It took 0.3 just to get the wheels off so as to lower it enough to reach into the engine bay, I'm 6'3" and it's still a hassle.

The really digusting part is I have a twin to this that requires #1 and #3, and that truck is lifted w/ 38"rs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif