quote the day

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

I have heard alot of interesting statements in my 20 years on the job, but this takes the cake.

"The green board was fried in the brain box". This was overheard from two techs talking about a water logged pcm.

I can be sarcastically heard at the parts counter asking people about their green boards from time to time lately.

*Most* printed circuit boards are green... It has something to do with how the circuits are etched onto it (an interesting process, I might add, much like making a photograph from a negative).

Mmmmmmmm, somehow I don't think explaining to a customer that way imparts much of an air of professionalism. My preference might be "internal failure in the <FRED> module".

When I was at Ford school one time a few years ago, the teacher had a novel way of describing the operating principle of the "brain box". He said all electronic "boxes" were sealed full of smoke. He said if you ever caused them to leak and "let the smoke out" they would never work again. Makes as much sense as calling them "brain boxes". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

When I was at Ford school one time a few years ago, the teacher had a novel way of describing the operating principle of the "brain box". He said all electronic "boxes" were sealed full of smoke. He said if you ever caused them to leak and "let the smoke out" they would never work again. Makes as much sense as calling them "brain boxes". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

heard that one a bunch. If you let the smoke out of wires, brake switches etc. they are ruined too

Smoke? What about the mirrors? Modules work on the principal of PFM (or pure fuckin magic.) Magic is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Ever see that label that says "do not drop" or "scrap if dropped?" Don't break that mirror! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...