NO START AFTER FUEL LINE REPLACEMENT

Rate this topic

Like Larry says... we gotta know which line.... You might have been cranking it long enough to make this a multi-step affair....

"Input... need more input...." Johnny Five.

I wasn't working on this one,but found out the fuel tank switching valve was the culprit.At least that is what i'm told.Could this happen?

Quote:

Jim laughed my ass(arse) off on that one. Don't you guys have any newer movies up in Slave Lake???

As for the switch valve anything is possible......Rocks,tires, anything tossed up from underneath could mess up a bunch of stuff. I would give the truck a good look from underneath to see if that happened. You had a bad fuel line, could that be what happened???

Quote:

Jim laughed my ass(arse) off on that one. Don't you guys have any newer movies up in Slave Lake???

Didn't you hear? They just got one of them there brand new video cassette playing machines at the video store...

Is it a DI or a IDI? When you open a the fuel system in a IDI, you can be cranking the engine for a long tome before it will start. I'm not sure if this will happen on a older DI with a mechanical pump, but you can unplug the fuel pump on a newer 7.3 with a electric pump and the engine will still run. It will actually run pretty good for not having fuel pressure. The fuel injectors have a way of drawing the fuel. The problem happens when you open the fuel system. Then the engine won't start. Just a thought. Maybe the tandem pump is shot?

• 3 weeks later...