Technician Tool Program

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Has anybody been buying anything from the Rotunda Technician Tool Program on the PTS web site? Have you been checking it out? I can't believe how much their selection has grown in the last six months or so! They started out with pretty much just Special Service Tools but now they have a lot of stuff you might buy from the guys on the trucks. The prices seem pretty decent too. I bought a 5-PC. hammer set, paid no tax and no shipping, had my tools next day. I am actually impressed with Ford for doing this.

( I can't believe I said that Posted Image )

So I am slowly browsing the site and adding things to my shopping cart that I am interested in so I can compare prices when the tool guys roll around to my dealer this week. I'll let you know how they stack up.

they are usually cheeper then the trucks and way cheeper if its in the flier. i bought a stud extractor set off the RTP site and saved $70 off the price the snapon truck wanted. best part was when i showed the snapon guy the price he said he cant even buy them that cheep.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody buy this and does it work effectively as a simulator ? This is listed on the RTTP site.

TEKONSHA 7-WAY TRAILER EMULATOR

CEQ6562

I have a Philips tester similar to this but it does not have a trailer brake simulator built in. I am assuming Ford is telling us that this is a tool? It's listed in the manual so I guess we need it to diagnose Tow Command systems.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE: I finally ordered and received the tool. Nice! I tried it out on a couple PDI's and it works very nicely with the Tow Command and will quickly silence customers with trailer problems that insist it's the truck! Posted Image