Seized EGR Pics

Rate this topic

Nice. Wasn't it Keith tha once said, It is tempting to drive a seal screw into the top of these things and yank them out with a slide hammer? Gotta love modern engineering.

The piston? I'm pretty sure it's Stephen's ash tray /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

I'm told the rest of the world is his trash can too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Just kidding buddy, how did you manage to actually get the valve out???

Yup the piston is my ash tray, it's a forged KB outta my '02 Indian Chief.

As far as the EGR valve goes it took two of us prying like no tommorrow to finally pop it out of the bore.

No amount of penetrant was going to help as most of the valve body welded it's self into the bore.

This is why the forcing screw threads on the small end stipped off.

I am replacing the "console" as Ford calls it and obviously the valve as well.

Interesting side not is parts is haviving a problem getting the proper EGR cooler gasket, seems Ford updated and the gasket is completely different, any ideas?

Nice. Wasn't it Keith tha once said, It is tempting to drive a seal screw into the top of these things and yank them out with a slide hammer? Gotta love modern engineering.

I was actually thinking the same thing - why not just rail a big ass screw in there and tear it out that way? At this point, you had to be sure that you were going to destroy the valve and the "console" anyway, hehe.

Dave

SSM 0980 - 6.4L EGR REMOVAL TOOL DAMAGE CONCERNS

SOME 6.4L EGR (303-1267) TOOLS MAY EXPERIENCE A STRIPPED BEARING RETAINING NUT. IF THE NUT BECOMES DAMAGED DURING EGR VALVE REMOVAL, INSPECT THE THREADED FORCING SCREW FOR DAMAGE AS WELL AND CALL ROTUNDA FOR REPLACEMENT COMPONENTS AT 1-800-ROTUNDA (768-8632) AND CHOOSE OPTION #5 AT THE PROMPT. DURING TOOL RE-ASSEMBLY REMEMBER TO USE LOC-TITE 262 AND NOTE THAT IT IS A LEFT HAND THREAD. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE PILOT CUP TURNS FREELY AFTER RE-ASSEMBLY AS WELL.