frozen wheels on hubs

Rate this topic

Has three anchors that fit into the wheel vent holes for 5 vents and two anchors for 4 vents, these are chained to the unit, the hub fits against the axle and is on a bearing assy, the forcing screw is a 1 inch drive. Remove all the lug nuts and leave two on just a thread or two, fit the anchors thru the vent holes, snug the forcing screw up against the axle and turn til the slack is out of the chains, then give it hell with the impact and the wheel comes right off. Rinse and repeat for the inside wheel if needed.

I've used that same rig. Works great. I usually load the tension really, really, really tight, then smack the tire with a sledge, or hit the rim with an air hammer. Once, I didn't put nuts on, and it fired the wheel and puller about 6 feet away from the truck.

• 5 months later...

Well, we have tried everything under the sun, including the dual wheel buddy which is a total pile of crap btw. Here in Vermont duals just laugh at that thing. But we got this unit from Kiene diesel and I haven't run across a wheel it can't take off. This thing is the cats meow.

Posted Image

Brad, I need information on this puller like manufacturer, part number and where to get one.

http://www.kienediesel.com/truck_service/ts_frame.html

This is the place to get it. Call there 800 number and tell them you work at a Ford dealer on light duty diesels and they will set you up with exactly what you need. The unit we have does F-350 thru 550. There are 2 different adapters that work on the same puller chassis and you will need to get both. These guys are great to work with, they ship fast, the tool is very reasonably priced for what it does. I have sold about 3 of these units for them to local shops.

• 8 months later...