Hybrid Fed-ex E450 stripped chasis, stalls.

Rate this topic

Shot in the dark, but anyone from california ever work on Hybrid E-450 stripped chasis's from a company called Azure? The reason I ask is because these van's get shipped to california and we intercepted one that stalled on the rode, working with hybrid company because it stall's after 4 minutes, then wont crank. Can't monitor pid's nothing because they piggybacked all connector's to intercept them intotheir modules?

I cant help you with the information you seek but could you explain what exactly a Hybrid E-450 is? I don't want to assume and any info on the company that made(?) it would be cool to have... web site? Oh, good luck with it!

Ford Roadside towed it to us because it broke down on it's way to california. I've been working with the engineer's from Azure for about 5 day's now trying to figure out why it stall's after 4minutes. We have it down to the vehicle is in limp mode because it detect's a fault in the throttle pedal (P2121)

I cannot monitor pid's because they have 2 different ECU's that intercept everything before the Ford PCM. This is a true parallel hybrid with the biggest traction motor on the driveshaft i've seen, and biggest integrated starter/motor generator on the engine. I will take pictures tom.

They are scratching their head's because it's a prototype and i can only check codes with IDS nothing else. They are located in New Jersey so that doesn't help. Nicest guy's i've ever chatted with and they told me exactly how this thing work's which is awesome to learn about. They have been thanking me for taking the time to check what they want me to check. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

I will take pictures tom.

Where in NJ?

I dunno, but the "mother company" is in Canaydia, and the guy's i'm talking to are in NJ. They all have Kanuck accent's. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I've done so much probing and disconnecting, it's makin my head spin. I'm doing a couple more test's before the they are going to come out here and use their scan tool on it. It's funny because i can't check DATALOGGER with IDS, but I can with a cheapy $300 scan tool.

Jim I think their ignoring us

Tim i've looked at the site as soon as i got the truck last friday, not ignoring you. That's the engineer's im working with from Azure. The language barrier is the only problem. I have my Kanook to English translation book next to me and keep having to tell him to hold on while i look up key words. LoL. ( totally messing with you )

I took a look at the web sites and was surprised to see they're just down the road from the training center in Missassauga, I'll be wandering over there next time I'm at school because this thing kinda has my interest peaked /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif

Well I worked with the engineer's til they basically told me that it's gonna have to go to service in Indiana where they are built. He made me take a fuse out of their fuse box (which is in a horrid place to begin with, shitty access, which is being changed because of it's crappy position), and jumper the secondary for the PCM power relay. they have a relay that control's it for safety on their end. Put it all back together, and it's all good for the driver's ride to IN.

Some info for you guy's in the future that the engineer filled me on. He said they are getting huge order's for these thing's, which are solely based on the E-450 chasis. We will be seeing a lot of these to come. Weird was the 2valve 5.4L in a late built 08. My truck was a Fed/Ex one.

They are creating a package which includes a laptop (modeled after IDS), their software, and a diagnostic workshop manual/ PC/ED that will be sent out whenever a dealer is working on these vehicles and needs to diangose their system, like my situation.

I've never had a better experience working with an engineer. The engineer went through exactly how the entire system works before testing anything so i knew what was going on, much like our description and operations portion's of our manual. He then went to tell me exactly what thing's cause this exact failure. Their wiring diagram's we a little confusing because this is still a prototype vehicle.

The best part was this comment from him.. "sorry for the burden of having this vehicle at your shop, and we are very appreciative that you are taking the time to help us try to figure out what is going on. Don't worry, you will be paid for any time you have taken to work on the vehicle, just send us the bill." I just paused and said, "burden??? this is awesome, i'm learning about some awesome stuff."

Quote:
training center in Missassauga

It's a small world indeed. I have been to Missassauga to be factory trained at Arpeco engineering. This is a printing press company that I worked for, when I took a break from wrenching back in the late '90s.