INJECTOR BALOON TEST ARTICLE

Rate this topic

While I don't disagree with the procedure,I only check one bank at a time, due to this I also do not have to disable the FICM or pump.

Since I have a fuel pressure gauge attached to the test port[You are checking fuel pressure,aren't you?]I install the test port plug in the filter housing. This will also allow the engine to run on one bank, which should also help indicate what bank is the cause of your miss.

Just my 2 cents.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif

Quote:
While I don't disagree with the procedure
Hey, don't ever hold back if you think something anywhere here on the site is wrong. Even if a topic ends up in a heated debate, remember, debate is good. That's where some of the best ideas and solutions come from. This web site is about sharing ideas and information.

Your idea about running the engine is a good one because if you have a small leak, filling up the balloon could take a long time. Running the engine would speed that up I should think. I personally didn't think this engine would start on one bank. If we can get some more opinions and experiences on this I will definitely amend the article. By the way, that balloon test is Ford's procedure so maybe we can show them something!