fuel leak and stall no start

Rate this topic

I got one that has had I bit of work done at another dealer,it has got a new fuel injection pump and gasket,right side head for having stuck valve,and now its hear

for a fuel leak and stall no start with p2291,the fuel supply tubes were finger loose

so I am going to replaced both,have you guys seen a pump leak from the fittings

at the pump? not sure if I should replaced the pump as well,I would hate to have

to do this job again, and as others have said it would be nice to run the engine to check for leaks befor putting the cab down, what do you guys think?

I have never seen the pump leak at the fittings but any thing is possible. But i would think that if your supply tubes were loose that is probable your problem. As for checking for leaks before putting everything back together that is possible. Take the belt loose from the accessories. Drop the cab back down. Disconnect your fuel cooler pump so it does not blow coolant everywhere. Connect the ground to the frame from the body. Connect your pcm connectors. Connect the 3 connectors on the lh side under the master brake cylinder and hook up your batteries. Just lay them in there. Then bleed the air out of the fuel system and start the truck. Run you high pressure fuel test and look for leaks to verify everything is ok. You can do all this without even hooking the exhaust up. Once it is verified everything is ok lift the body back up and reassemble everything. It sucks to have to do all the work but it is better than having to take it back apart if something is wrong.

I got one that has had I bit of work done at another dealer,it has got a new fuel injection pump and gasket,right side head for having stuck valve,and now its hear

for a fuel leak and stall no start with p2291,the fuel supply tubes were finger loose

so I am going to replaced both,have you guys seen a pump leak from the fittings

at the pump? not sure if I should replaced the pump as well,I would hate to have

to do this job again, and as others have said it would be nice to run the engine to check for leaks befor putting the cab down, what do you guys think?

Don't you love that. Shitload of work done at another dealer, get's 20miles end's up at ure dealership, have to change the same part's over again, AND what really need's to be fixed, then the ticket get's flagged by the warranty nazi's ask.."why did u change this, the other dealer already did, we're not paying for this." then ure 126 goes through the roof.