dpf delete

Rate this topic

In all honesty ( and quite sadly, I might add ), I can't see deleting the DPF causing any engine damage....

However, the issue with a DPF is the air we breathe....

In the "war on pollution". I can't say who is right and I can't say who is wrong ( the conspiracy folks put up a strong argument).... But, when push comes to shove, I think we are further ahead to spend money we didn't need to spend rather than wake up one morning asking "OK, WTF do we breathe now?".

FWIW, Alberta has yet to adopt "anti-tampering laws" - Lord knows I have been actively urging it.... And here is where some may have more affect than others... If your state/province/region has such laws... what can I say????

Wake up folks...a toy is a toy.... knock yourself out... our toys are getting less than 20 hours a year.... A daily driver... that's a whole 'nother deal....

Now... if the 6.4 turned into a grenade as soon as the DPF were removed...... we might be on to something.

If memory serves me rightly, this is the clown from the powerstroke forum that took all that stuff off his truck, smashed all the insides out, and put it back on. The truck then went into regen, and stayed there. After a programmer came out to remove the regen from the PCM strategy, he linked this video.

I recall pricing the parts out for him and laughing in his face. I posted on here about it, too.

My bad - AlexBruene started this one:

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8392&page=0&fpart=1

If your read the list he has, bigger injectors, he is running nos and a tunner,fun is fun but I think it would be funny if he went to the dealer and asked for warranty on the engine,I to don't see removing the dfp causing engine damage but that other stuff,oh well just fun to watch what people can do with these trucks

• 5 months later...

One of my coworkers here has a good friend with a new 6.4 and he was very dis-appointed in the mileage and frequent regens he was experiencing. He ordered a DPF delete kit with the tuner that goes along with it to reset the DPF counter each time you turn the key on and leave it for more than 10 seconds. So far he is claiming it makes more power and his mileage has increased about 5.0 mpg. I am not sure how I feel about the whole thing--it is amazing how much black smoke these 6.4s put out even on a stock tune when the DPF is gone!

Yes the 6.4 is a filthy pig of a motor. Just look at the soot in the pipes before the DPF! all that soot is underutilized fuel. No wonder the fuel economy is so poor on this engine. Even with 5 mpg more that would only put most of my customers at about 16.

I think we have had a discussion about this topic along with egr deletes in the past at one time or another. What’s your take grampy Jim, lol.

Anyone by the way tried to do a DPF reset? You notice that when you try the DPF reset, the screen pops up that says "SECURITY ACCESS GRANTED". Almost like PATS keys. I wonder what kind of "Security" is on that DPF reset feature.

I had a guy come in this week with a programer and 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust and he went to mexico with it and said he got over 20 mpg the hole way pulling a 25' travil trailer and his said he was going 135kmh(80mph) the hole way. he also mad the trip before he cut it out and at the same speed he was getting 5 to 8 mpg

There is a device at www.dpf-r.com that resets the dpf counter after the key is on for 15 seconds with the engine not running, so it can't be that heavy of a security system, IMHO.

I do like how it uses the map signal and modifies it to fool the DPF pressure sensor into thinking there is a filter present.

The dpfr kit is the one my coworkers friend has on his new 6.4. It is supposed to reset the DPF each time the key is turned on for 10 seconds (same thing the IDS does under Service Functions after you replace a DPF) and this will give you between 1200-1700 miles without a regen (I keep hearing different specs for that number--evidently when a new dpf is installed, they do not want it to go through a regen right away) He has the new calibration (from the recall) and it tries to go into regen even with the DPFR chip installed every 150 miles or so. He has contacted the DPFR people and they are sending him a new chip and MAP sensor/backpressure sensor interface, so I will let you know how that works out for him. He does say that the throttle response and power feels better, and he claims over 20mpg. He just ordered a new downpipe back kit for his other new 6.4 from SCT--I'll try and let you know how that one goes too.