05 Focus No crank no start. Help before i lose it.

Rate this topic

Aaron

I posted this over at the ford site:

Got this one today. Tow in with F1.9 20A Maxi blown. Another tech replaced fuse a couple times, it blew right away again. I did all my checks - couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Called hotline, advised to clean and tighten g103, and bellhousing ground. Did that, car started and ran ok. road test ok. Re-road test after lunch, and after about 6-10 miles, pulling away from a stoplight, felt a slight buck/surge. Next light, same thing, but worse. Push throttle harder, problem worsens and low trac light comes on, then car quits. F1.9 Blown. Had no meter with me, but bridged pins at fuse, and got a LARGE arc. started unplugging stuff, and when C144 is unplugged, arc goes away. By the time I got to individual components, it was back to normal. Has anyone seen this? I would like to avoid individually fusing each component. Thanks in advance guys!

I am at my wits' end with this. It's waiting for me in the morning. Thanks again guys, let me know what you think or what might be a good direction to take with this.

• 4 weeks later...