What do you guys think of this??

Rate this topic

I like to troll the FMC forums just to see what others are dealing with.. this one really grabbed my attention:

=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-==-

"i have a 2005 f-450 tow truck with a 6.0 in it .. the truck came from a private shop which had installed reman heads and reman short block due to over heated..

there is no low oil pressure at all not even getting to the oil pump.. vehicle now has the following list of new parts,, pick up tube and o-ring, upper pan, another short block ,oil pump and front cover, regulator valve ,oil cooler.. still no oil from low pressure side if i pack the oil pump area full of grease it will pick it up and run until you shut off the truck then wont restart.. contacted hotline numerious times,and international with no help!!!!! imagine that

if the high pressure system is filled with oil will run until that oil runs out will not keep runing..any ideas would be greatly appreciated"

=-=-=-=-=-===-=-=-=-=-=-====-=-=-

The dude said that the filter housing doesn't fill at all either. This one just caught my eye, seems like he's replaced everything but the pan! Anyone else here seen this one before?

This looks like one of those situations where the solution is something so absurd that it'll almost be a joke to anyone involved with this one... (something like there not being enough oil in the pan because the oil gun isn't reading right or some goofy crap)

Dave

ive got a friend at another dealer tell me he had concern and dropped pan found crankshaft main cap bolt somehow broke or come loose hit and damaged pick up tube to where it had no base oil pressure is it possible he has reuesed old front cover and if so the gerotors go inside housing unlike a 7.3 sounds like he needs to check clearance in front cover and go from there....

oops sorry didnt read enough front cover already replaced huh!ive heard of galley plugs coming out of block and dumping oil back to pan causing low base oil pressure but there again its got a new short block whew!id be leaning on the oring on pick up tube and since he did a short block below the bed plate there is a gasket that seal pickup area back to block is it possible he didnt get gaskets right......