TSB 08-20-06

Rate this topic

Shlep

Micro$ofts involvement in this kind of stuff bothers me to no end.... I can see the traffic snarls as millions of commuters pull over to the side of the road to reboot their cars....

"To shut your car off - click <START>".

Micro$ofts involvement in this kind of stuff bothers me to no end.... I can see the traffic snarls as millions of commuters pull over to the side of the road to reboot their cars....

"To shut your car off - click <START>".

And if that doesn't work, try Service Pack 1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif

Thanks Keith, and as far as Microsoft being involved the bothers the hell outta me too. I think John Q has too many toys in these things as it is let alone any of the shit they have planned.

• 2 weeks later...

.. Microsoft being involved the bothers the hell outta me too. I think John Q has too many toys in these things ...

I agree with you to a point. I am firmly opposed to Microsoft's involvement. Why couldn't have been Apple, or develop the system in-house using Linux?

At least the system is based on Microsoft's more robust operating system, instead of the buggy and crash prone system that you are probably using right now...

But, bluetooth is nice. A good premise, not the best implementation, and the capability could stand some improvement - although the 2.1 spec is supposed to allow something like 3Mb/s transfer.

What I really like is the ubiquitous USB port. Now that is what I call convenience! How many of us have thumb drives on our keychains? How many customer's keys have them? Your keys are always with you. You stop by your computer several times a day. All your music and podcasts are stored on the computer. USB drives are cheap - Office Depot has 4GB drives on sale for $20. File transfer is a snap - no clunky iTunes interface to deal with...

And for those of us who use an iPod, or other .mp3 player, the line in port is very clean and useful

However, the placement of the port is pretty poorly thought out in most vehicles. Hmm, lets put is on the forward wall of the center console, about halfway down from the top... I haven't seen a special service tool to remove a broken USB drive end from the connector yet...