'04 E-450 oil screen missing

Rate this topic

I've got one here getting both coolers and a new turbo missing the screen. This vehicle still has the original EGR cooler (orange hose). OASIS reveals not too many past repairs (nothing that would require oil cooler removal). Has anyone of you ever come across this before? Have you ever had further issues?

i see allot of them missing parts of the screens. Been replacing them all.

I meant the screen itself, NOT EVEN THERE altogether. This one has never been apart.

That is truly odd Mike. I too have pulled out screens with a section or two missing or bent inward. They become very fragile with age. I remember the first one I had out and decided to blow it clean with shop air. WOW! it looked really clean alright then I realized I blew the screens right out of the frame.

But no, I have never seem one completely missing,

But no, I have never seem one completely missing,

That was the point of this post. Yes, I too have come across more than my share of screens BLOWN OUT, which is why I replace them ANYTIME I'm pulling the oil cooler for whatever reason. I think by now, we all can pretty much tell if anything has been apart before or not. And I can tell you that this particular vehicle has NEVER had the intake removed, let alone the oil cooler, which is why I too, find it odd that there was never a screen installed in it from new.