gapping 3v spark plugs

Rate this topic

Steve Mutter

roush has this update for the pcm for canadian supercharged truck's becuase of fuel quality,we sent the pcm for this update and now the truck runs like shit,they have told me there is nothing wrong with there update(at this time). they don't want me to replaced the plugs but they want me to set the gap to 30 thou. I have ordered a gapping tool from steeda but other people have told me that they just bend them back,so far I have done nothing becuse roush does not want to pay(and I don't think the cust should pay) and the sm is more worried about who is going to pay the rental car for the cust, I feel sorry for the cust and I think the hole situation sucks,I will try and gap the plugs and see what happens,Alex have you see factory plugs fix pining in a supercharged truck? or did you use an aftermarket plug with a different heat rang? sorry if I did not fully explain my problem

Alex have you see factory plugs fix pining in a supercharged truck? or did you use an aftermarket plug with a different heat rang?

None of the above... I don't work on them. I was just figuring replacement plugs would come at the correct gap.

Quote:
so far I have done nothing becuse roush does not want to pay

Yeah Roush and Shelby are great at not paying.
we just had a Shelby GT with a horrid grunt noise from the rear, It was coming from the rear anti sway bar urethane bushings, they were bone dry .The tech wanted to put some grease on them to make the guy that just spent REAL GOOD COIN on a Shelby Mustang happy.
The bolts holding the bushings are installed with 2 Gal of red lock tight and one broke one the Allen hex striped. Shelby's response was
"You touched it last, it's not our problem and our disclaimer form says that our suspension parts will make noise and it's normal. We will do nothing for the customer"
The best part is that they won't sell you ONE new sway bar link
or a pair of them, ONLY the complete rear sway bar kit for around $500 !!!!!