08B07 SUSPENDED

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Effective immediately, Customer Satisfaction Program 08B07 is SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER

NOTICE. This is due to the fact that some vehicles may experience blanking of the Transmission

Control Module (TCM) and inability to recover TCM programming even if the original session is

saved. Based on dealer technician calls to the Technical Hotline, we are actively investigating the

concern. To date, we know the concern may be caused by a loss of connection/power in the vehicle

or to the IDS during reprogramming. We have also determined this situation may occur even if there

is no loss of connection/power. Engineering is investigating root cause. TCMs are currently not

available.

Okay. What about any other 2008 Super Duty we need to reprogram? Wont they be affected too? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

Originally Posted By: Ford Motor Company
Until we are able to define root cause or obtain more TCMs, SUSPEND ALL PCM/TCM

REPROGRAMMING (RECALL OR NON RECALL RELATED) ON 6.4L DIESEL ENGINE VEHICLES

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. If further assistance is required, please access the Hotline Assistance

Request at the PTS Website.

There goes the majority of my work load... "until further notice???" Here we go kids! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

yeah I was one of the lucky people to get bent over on this deal. I just so happened to get a uhaul truck needed a program the day they released that program. It blanked the IC and not the TCM howwever. countless phone calls to hotline and getting forwarded to other departments got me the go ahead to replace the cluster under warranty. something with the calibration was blanking modules. of course I got the 9th degree of making sure battery chargers and ids was pluuged in. of course I did all that crap. then come to find out it had a prototype FWS system on it and that may have been causing problems which got me into getting ahold of engineering that deals with that. what a mess needless to say I lost my butt on that job /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

• 2 weeks later...

First I want to thank you Mr. Browning for having this site available,1st time replier.

This stop on the reprogram has got me confused,as I have been in the position where I had to flash a 6.4 for an EGR code to fix the concern,no problems with the TCM...

Does this communication problem happen all the time,or is it something you would take a chance on?

I've also heard of a way you can disconnect the TCM during the programming,making it force feed the download,have you ran into this?

Glad this site is helpful. It's only one of the many resources we have available to us...

I personally have not had any problems with programming 2008 modules other than not paying attention to the key cycles. As stated in the suspension notice we are advised to suspend ALL PCM/TCM programming until this concern has been corrected with the reprogramming. Even if you are not programming a PCM for the recall the same calibrations are used. Also, Ford will not pay any claims for PCM programming on these vehicles until further notice. I assume this would include non recall repairs so be very careful. If you blank out a TCM be prepared for your dealer to eat the module and repair after you wait for them to become available.

Don't be a stranger! All questions and comments are welcome from all members. This will make our forums even better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

And it suddenly ocured to me that we did have a reflash go bad... but this was quite some time ago - well before the recall in question and a couple of calibration levels ago (IIRC). We wound up replacing the TCM for that one. Once the erase procedure had completed, the module would not inhale the new programming...

That one was past the B to B warranty and was a CP...

Okay, I'll admit it.

I have an 08 F350. It was doing some wild and wonderful things with the trans, cruse was hunting up and down, and whatnot, and there was a TSB for it.

07-17-3. Couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Couldn't even locate the number. So I reflashed the truck.

The current calibration that I put into my truck DID NOT reflash the TCM, only the PCM.

However, the transmission issues are gone. I know I know, i get a slap on the pee-pee for not following ma Ford's instructions....

• 4 weeks later...

The recall is reinstated but you have to have the latest patch. 58.7 patch 8 i think. Man o man it's labor intesive because my TCM kept showing errors, then it finally programmed. Note to self....put the battery charger on the truck, if the batteries go below 11.50v it will kick you out the of the reprogram.

And when you go to reprogram the IC the cluster stay's black like it has no power KOEO. Weird.

Tony H.