Eccentric bolt for adjusting camber

Rate this topic

Mekanik

I'm working on a 2009 Mustang. The guy had me install Ford racing springs that lowered the vehicle a little bit. Now his camber is around -2.0 (He had a buddy put it on an align machine). In the workshop manual, it says to adjust camber, remove the lover strut bolt where it is mounted to the steering knuckle and grind the lower bolt holes in the strut and install an eccentric bolt. Does anyone here know the ford part number for this bolt?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks but this guy dosen't want to go that route. He is really really really picky and he thinks those look ugly. Thanks anyway Larry. Have a nice Thanksgiving. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

We use Specialty Products for many applications with success. Even though it is not a vehicle listed on this page, plugging in the vehicle on the site brings this up as applicable. http://www.spcalignment.com/PROD_DIR/SPC_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=81260&cmd3=

I am with Larry on this one, I would go with the adjustable caster/camber plates as well..as 'UGLY' as they are LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I imagine it would be pretty time consuming to grind that out enough to correct the caster as required.

Just my .02

Add me to the list... the eccentric bolts have limited utility (usually something like 1/2 to maybe as much as 1 degree of adjustment range).

Most of the time it isn't so much about what a customer wants as what a customer needs.

I would really only get .5 - 1.0 deegree? This guy has a friend that aligns all of his race cars. I might just let him deal with this.

The funny thing is that they were Ford racing springs that I installed.

Much is going to depend on the design of the bolt.... either way, adjustability will be limited. Looking at the WSM, the bolt appears to be similar to many other eccentric bolts.... Bolts that offer (usually) 1/2 degree adjustment either side of a preordained "center".