rocker arms quick question

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found that too, easy to get to the valve cover , but then it is a chain reaction, remove the fuel rail, then you have to replace hp fuel line to pump, so then it becomes cab off.

The front ones you can get. 1,3,2,4. its alot harder but I had number 5 swapped until I found a blown up lifter and had to take everything apart. you can unbolt the rail and being very very careful move it out of the way without removing the supply line.

the back holes are pretty much screwed. try yanking the trans out then getting the lines that way. we have had good luck doing pumps and turbos with cab on and yanking the trans instead.

• 7 months later...

Ok got the rail loose did not touch the feed side. Removed the smashed pushrod (ball end pushed into the rod). Found the other pushrod for same cylinder broken. Cannot find the other 2inch piece. Anyone have something like this happen. What caused this in the first place and do I probably have other consequences. Rod bent etc??

Turn that frown upside down. Posted Image

Every bent push rod, I have came across be it a 6.0 or 7.3, has been valve and valve guide issues. The 6.4 has the same head as a the 6.0. Can't be sure if it applies in your case. Try pushing the valves down a smidge to see how they move.

Same here. Seized or very stuck valves. I have done a handful ranging from the 7.3L to the 6.4L. One engine actually shattered a pushrod... I have pictures somewhere. If this is the case the head will have to come off. I know we discussed this in the past but I cleaned the valve guides with a transmission valve body hone I bought through one of my tool mongers. Reassemble with new valves rockers and push rods and it's good!