What do you do?

Rate this topic

Things have been bizare here lately.I had an f-250 that had an intermittent no start.customer had towed in twice.no codes and

starts every time.Hot,cold or driven everyway I can,cannot recreate concern.Made recordings,tested ect......Finally installed vdr.Next day comes back.Look at recording and see low

icp.What the f--k?Fix was dummy plug,but customer never wanted to leave truck.Why never any icp code/s?Hotline say's"I don't know."Anyway,now have 05 excursion that I replaced ficm for low

voltage codes 611 and all cylinders with low injectors.This fixed that problem and I returned truck to customer.This was on the 22nd of Dec.Now truck back with no start.Say's was never fixed the first time.Mind you this truck bought used and out of warranty!Going through the same sinario again.I do not like for things to beat me and will work till the death.What would you guys do in these situations?At the end of my rope!

Things have been bizare here lately.I had an f-250 that had an intermittent no start.customer had towed in twice.no codes and

starts every time.Hot,cold or driven everyway I can,cannot recreate concern.Made recordings,tested ect......Finally installed vdr.Next day comes back.Look at recording and see low

icp.What the f--k?Fix was dummy plug,but customer never wanted to leave truck.Why never any icp code/s?Hotline say's"I don't know."Anyway,now have 05 excursion that I replaced ficm for low

voltage codes 611 and all cylinders with low injectors.This fixed that problem and I returned truck to customer.This was on the 22nd of Dec.Now truck back with no start.Say's was never fixed the first time.Mind you this truck bought used and out of warranty!Going through the same sinario again.I do not like for things to beat me and will work till the death.What would you guys do in these situations?At the end of my rope!

Hang in there and don't be discouraged or lose your cool. You're not alone. The situation you describe sounds very similar to a couple of situations I've been in myself. You just keep on doing what you're doing, fixing the problems that you can DUPLICATE. If it so happens, that it comes back AFTER the warranty expires and you are able to recreate the complaint, it is CUSTOMER PAY, PERIOD. REFUSE to work for free! It's not your fault if you were unable to recreate the symptom or complaint when the vehicle was brought in prior, as long as you did in fact, put in a concerted effort to do so. This is something that either you or your SM should be explaing to the customer. And if your SA and SM refuses to stand behind you, that's why your toolbox has wheels on it.

Quote:
but customer never wanted to leave truck

My take on this is shame on the customer, if they want it fixed it has to be down for a period of time to enable you to properly diagnose and repair it. This sounds bad and I'm probably going to hear it from a few here but...I personally would refuse to work on it until I had the time to fix it the right way.
By the way any a/m goodies on the truck???

• 3 weeks later...