HFCM Drain Plug

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I had a rare moment at work. I had an idea! Whilst standing under an LCF I was working on, I noticed the HFCM drain plug sticking through the left frame rail which I knew was there and really had never given it much thought... after all it is just a stupid plug right? Then I heard a "ding" and a bright shiny light bulb appeared over my head. I got my 6mm socket and removed the plug and had a look at it. (CLICK HERE TO SEE) I realized that it was the same plug from the F-Series with a nice knurled knob on it and a keeper on the other end which guided the fuel as it drained. I put it in the Super Duty I have the cab off of and it fits perfect. It doesn't come close to the drive shaft and you can still get a tool in there if you need to. As I mentioned, it guides the duel as it drains and I think it should keep the fuel from getting on the drive shaft and spilling all over or at the very least, easier to collect in a drain bucket or bottle. Hand tight is cool and you don't need tools but if it gets stuck you can use the 6mm. What if it seizes? NOW you have something to put your channel lock pliers on to get it out.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

It's to bad we won't be able to warranty it on the F-Series. What would be nice is to see Ford just put on themselves.

That would probably take a 1 year case study!

I for one will order one and start showing it to my customers, and give them the option to replace it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Bruce? Would it be possible to get the International part number for that drain plug? I figure if anyone here has a favorite International dealer it might be you! (I don't know if our International techs here visit very frequently.)

• 1 year later...

Joey, If you look at the date this thread was originally posted you should see that it is old. I have been pulling parts related posts into this new forum

Anyway, If you read this article: http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-19.php the part numbers are listed. When I discovered this drain plug deal and wrote that article I caused the part to go on backorder. They should be plentiful at this point and any ford dealer can order it BUT! if a dealer is not a medium duty truck dealer the part will not show on their system. Ask them to order it anyway, It will come in.