How was your Friday

Rate this topic

Besides 10"s of snow I will now have to go home and clean up, I replaced a sticking turbo with one that does not work at all! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Thanks so much FoMoCo /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif

Quote:
Besides 10"s of snow I will now have to go home and clean up
Got about the same here in North Jersey. I had a better day at work than you did and the clean up when I got home was to be the usual play time with the ol snow thrower. That is until I learned that the garbage men left a bag of garbage behind... probably hidden under snow as it was when I was clearing the driveway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

We had a week of -20 mornings that played havoc with the 6.0l. One local customer traveling in Texas last week called us from there to say the dealer was appalled we had put 10/30 in her truck during an oil change. Now that she is home that 15/40 Rotella they put in just ain't spinning up fast enough.

We had a gas station in the area decide since #1 was in short supply they would just cut the #2 with what they had available, namely gasoline. Took out 8 rigs from one fleet. Injectors on back-order so there they sit.

One other truck came in very noisey and missing terribly. Checking fuel quality from the top filter you could smell gas, but the fuel was still slippery like diesel. Customer was called and he stated he still had the fuel slip with the pump number. He went back to the station, sure enough it was the gas nozzle. He and the wife came in and talked. She was just giddy it wasn't her mistake. He was so white around the gills, I thought he was gonna blow chunks. Engine has low compression in a couple holes, fuel sender reads full at all times and the fuel pump and injectors are suspect. Gonna be almost a $12K boo-boo.

And that's just the high points this week.

It was 43 degrees F in the shop this morning-burrrrr. Estimated high is 69 degrees F. Had to put my longjohns on under my uniform. Had the woman in the office warm up my boots...(with her space heater). Had to change the oil on a 6.0 pickup on the cold concrete, at least I had radiant heat from the engine. Gosh I sure hate working in the shop in the winter, too cold to function. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Gotta feel for you guys. I live in Kingman, AZ and work 200 miles to the west in Barstow, Ca (I'm moving back that way when my house in AZ sells). This has been the warmest winter I can remember in awhile, although I can't remember any winter as cold as you guys talk about. I don't think it's been below 30 at night and only a few days under 60 all winter. Gotta love the left coast.

I was in Edmonton at school most of the week.... Thursday, the mercury hit an unheard of +7C and I saw three guys on scooters. Friday, it made it to +8C and I saw four scooters....

I was delirious.... I'm going home and I'm going to go for a ride.......

I left Edmonton about mid afternoon and the further north I drove, the more I could see that there was no ride in Jimmies immediate future. By the time I pulled into my driveway it was -10C with a wind that cut to the bone...

How was your Friday, indeed... bah... humbug