repeat heater core issues

Rate this topic

seems I have got stuck with another techs headache recheck. about every 6 months we put a heater core in this truck. 03 7.3 with about 75k on it. Its a heavy equipment service truck complete with welder and crane. last time this rig was here it was checked for the electrolysis issue

thoughts?

I dont think we have test strips here to check ph....Ill find out.

I thought the restrictors where only if the tubes on the core was leaking and not the core itself?

yes they are OEM cores. hell we have been servicing installing them Posted Image

cooling system seems fine, last time it was here it was flushed and the additive was used as well. green motorcraft coolant used

By checked for the electrolysis issue I assume you mean TSB

06-21-19? How confident are you in how thorough the TSB was performed? As a fleet dealer that sells may police cars we have seen quite a few Crown Vic's with this issue that have a lot of add on equipment... good grounds are important.

yes the TSB was performed last time it was here.

I got lucky and it went back to the orginal tech this time so for the time being its out of my hair at least. I think they are going to install the restrictor in this one and try that

My personal Ranger was going thru heater cores like crazy, I finally wrapped a ground wire around the inlet side of the core tube and secured with a worm clamp and grounded to the fender and haven't put another one in yet, that was 8 years ago.

And this thing is so old I never maintain the cooling system and she's still holding up.

• 1 month later...

we ended up adding the restirctor as we found the tube of the core had the hole in it.

crossing fingers we do not see it back