FICM Failures Of Various Forms

Rate this topic

I wasn't too sure if I should revive an old thread or start a new one on this subject, but here it goes:

In rolls another umpteenth 6.0L on the hook for a FICM failure. Again, as per 08-26-03 to check for one of the three FICM calibrations, the one I had this morning had calibration AKZ2AH19 pre-repair and ARZ2AL11 post-repair. Since this doesn't correspond to any of the three listed, I guess this means this vehicle didn't have the inductive heat calibration installed, once again disproving the theory that inductive heat is what's causing the recent wave of multiple FICM failures.

Here's the interesting twist. It came in with P0265/P0268/P0274 cylinders 2,3, & 5 circuits HIGH. It did NOT flag P0611/P1378 or all eight injector circuits LOW. Yet, testing according to PC/ED pinpoint test 'P' steps would've throw me in a circle, since I didn't flag any P03** cylinder misfire codes (nor have I ever on any 6.0L). This is one of those times where having a "tester" FICM came in handy, along with the 6.0L injector "noid lights" to avoid mis-diaged injector(s).

Funny enough. Just last week, our parts department sold eight new 6.0L injectors. Hmmm. Kinda makes me wonder. Posted Image