09-10-02

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

No I think I've seen about everything there is to see....

This TSB basically tells us not to use a TSB when diagnosing "6.4L DIESEL ENGINE - LACKS POWER, LEAKS FLUID FROM EXHAUST PIPE, ABNORMAL TAILPIPE SEDIMENT, WHITE SMOKE, EXHAUST SMELL AND MIL ON".

Catch 22... the TSB tells you not to use the TSB - use the PC/ED instead but if you use the PC/ED, then you are following the TSB and your warranty claim may be denied...

Worse yet... the question remains... do we need to quote the TSB when we write our warranty story? The one that reads "Found TSB 09-10-02 and may or may not have followed the instructiuons given in the TSB....".

I think I have too much time on my hands...

Is this a superseded version of TSB 07-8-9?

Yes, it was announced in a Broadcast message last week. A TSB that tells you not to use a TSB... use the manuals instead...

Like I said before... we were becoming inundated with TSBs and we see claims getting kicked because one TSB was followed and not the other... claims getting kicked because we didn't write the TSB in longhand on the back of the RO...

Now.... a TSB that tells us that there is no longer a TSB.

Be afwaid.... be vewy, vewy afwaid - Elmer J. Fudd.