P2623 No start

Rate this topic

I'm working on a 2006 F350 that would not start on two occasions. One time was after a hot soak and the second was after sitting for several hours. On both occasions the engine started after letting it sit for 40 min. This truck was at another dealer that just cleared the codes and then charged $100.00. Posted Image The funny thing is that it is still under the diesel warranty.

The customer brought it to our shop. It hasn't acted up since and there are no DTCs. I looked at the reciept from the other dealer and supposedly there was a P0299 and P2263. I'm not too worried about the P0299, but I don't think I have ever dealt with a p2263. It is for the IPR circut. I graphed the ICP and IPR a coulpe times today after I got it really hot and then shut it off for a couple minutes. The graph looks fine and it starts right up. That makes me think that it might either be a bad IPR or something with that circut. I have not had time to really dive into it yet.

Anyone run into this DTC before?

I've run into it once, the little stud at the back of the intake that is supposed to hold the harness. The clip wasn't installed during a previous repair and wore through on the heat shield, causing the wires to short after awhile. Might be a place to start anyways.

I had one as well that turned out to be the ipr,it was an 04 f-450 when it would

get hot I would get p2623 as a hard fault,I could never get my hands in there to test the resistance, by the time I did it would pass,so I removed the ipr valve and put I heat gun to it,hooked test leads up to it and at 180 it would go open,

I'm working on a 2006 F350 that would not start on two occasions. One time was after a hot soak and the second was after sitting for several hours. On both occasions the engine started after letting it sit for 40 min. This truck was at another dealer that just cleared the codes and then charged $100.00. Posted Image The funny thing is that it is still under the diesel warranty.

The customer brought it to our shop. It hasn't acted up since and there are no DTCs. I looked at the reciept from the other dealer and supposedly there was a P0299 and P2263. I'm not too worried about the P0299, but I don't think I have ever dealt with a p2263. It is for the IPR circut. I graphed the ICP and IPR a coulpe times today after I got it really hot and then shut it off for a couple minutes. The graph looks fine and it starts right up. That makes me think that it might either be a bad IPR or something with that circut. I have not had time to really dive into it yet.

Anyone run into this DTC before?

ive seen this only on a early 03 with the harness chafing over the stud near the drivers side. What i did to find this is have someone sit in the truck and hold the throttle about 1500rpm, then start moving the harness around til it shuts off or throws that code.

I have had 2 trucks that would do this.Run good until hot and then shut off until they cooled down.Then they would start again.Had code p2623 in both of them.First one I had to get towed back to shop.Second one I walked to a store across the road from where it shut off and bought a 32 ounce water and cut a hole in the lid and squirted on the IPR valve every time it quit to get me back to shop.Must break down from heat like ignition modules in distributers do.Replaced IPR in both after I verified no wiring issues.They are regular customers and have had no problems scince.

It sounds like I have a lot of good advice so far. I never really had time to look at it before I was taken off of it to look at something else. I have been working on other stuff since. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to bring it back in and take a good look at the IPR wiring.

Thanks. Posted Image

• 7 years later...