Jeep guys... are you scared yet?

Rate this topic

4.5 + Allison 1000 will be offered as an option.

I know I just read the same article you did but what the fuck do they think that engine and transmission combo is going to fit in? The engine is not suited for a Jeep type vehicle as it is wayyyyyyyy too heavy. And, I know there is a lot of wild stuff happening right now, but doesn't this article seem more like a nightmare. General Chrysler? Jeeze-ussss! Two insolvent corporations combining? Posted Image I'll believe it when I see it. The funny thing is, in an Obama America I suppose it is possible.

It should be OK in a full size SUV, but not the smaller Jeeps. I'm wondering about the Allison, though. I actually thought about doing a repower using the VT motor when it was released. Now I'm not so sure......

Posted Image

I know I just read the same article you did but what the fuck do they think that engine and transmission combo is going to fit in? The engine is not suited for a Jeep type vehicle as it is wayyyyyyyy too heavy.

+1

They said there will be redesigns, but I dont see it happening too easily.

This article seems to be wrong now. It mentions the deal where GM and Chrysler were to merge. That deal has been off for weeks. Now Fiat is the one making the deal for Chrysler assets and a news report I saw on one of the cable news channels listed Jeep as one of the prizes of the deal.

When GM was the suitor for Chrysler their expected intentions were to take Chrysler apart and sell some of the units to offset the price they were to pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...