New VGRT

Rate this topic

5C3Z-6K682-CA

Official details about the new turbo for the 6.0L are still scarce but one has been released. I do not know what model years supersede to this number but I did verify that this number is a good number and it's available. (from ARE in New Jersey it is anyway) We tried asking the re-manufacturer questions about it but they are clueless. All they know it replaces certain turbos. Perhaps a call to the 'ol HotLine is in order. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

The original SSM still can't be found, I think it was taken off the database. I would bet that a new SSM or TSB is forthcoming.

Anybody else have any info?

From my perspective of information, Garrett is getting out of the turbo remanufacturing business and Franklin is buying it up. Franklin has come up with a solution to the sticking ring by machining approx .010 off of the turbo facing and then machining grooves all the way through the ring (similar style to a rotor but all the way through).