Leaving the Business??????

Rate this topic

BustedKnucklez

So...with warranty labor going south, economy also going south, I've thought about leaving the dealership business for an hourly job doing fleet maintanence. Im tired of all the pressure to flag hours when the work just isn't there. Even when it is there it isn't easy to flag high hours in a shop with 5 other diesel techs and heavy warranty work and minimal cp work. Having decent pay periods and then shitty ones make it hard for me to support my family. How much money would any of you leave your dealership for? The other thing that keeps me here is the possibility to flag high hours. It doesn't help to live in Los Angeles where the cost of living is way up. I would like to know what you all think. Thanks. I needed to vent a little.

I went from a dealer to head tech in a fleet shop. It's nice not havin to worry about flagging hours and warranty crap. If its warranty, i get to send it out Posted Image choice really comes down to what they're payin u, benie's, etc and if the consistent paycheck will be able to support your family. good luck

I really enjoy being hourly at my dealership.

After a few years where I am currently, Id really like to get into UPS. They have an almost entirely IH fleet, and its nothing but good from what I hear.