break out box

Rate this topic

I was looking in to getting a breakout box. I found some on ebay that look to be in good condition. Does anybody have the part numbers of the box itself and recommended adapters to get. Thanks for the input guys.

You did see this post, right?

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=23547#Post23547

What do you want the BOB to adapt to?

Ford EEC-IV (all pre 1996 OBD1 cars): 60 pin BOB

7.3: 104 pin BOB

6.0:

OTC #3235 104 pin BOB (or equivalent)

Rotunda 105-R0107 BOB adapter for 122 pin PCM ($406.00 retail list from Rotunda, and plenty in stock), you should be able to get it for around $300 with your Rotunda discount.

6.4: No BOB is available. Posted Image

Beware that some 104pin BOB's will work fine for 7.3 but not 6.0. The reason is the 6.0 overlay card won't work on other than the appropriate 104 pin BOB, see the Powerpoint for pictures. The 3235 OTC should be fine, and make sure it has the 4 "knobs" to lock the card in place. Look closely at the PP slides and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

I have all of the IH BOB's and PN's if you need them. If you're searching Ebay you'll find a bunch of oddball BOBs for weird Fords like Probes and ABS. There's a 3235 OTC for $399 right now, which is a good deal for new. I've seen used 104 pins go for as little as $100 if you're patient.

Good Luck!

Posted Image

As always Bruce you have the best information and it is so easy to understand. I work primarily on 94-03 7.3s. However there are more 6.0s coming off warranty everyday. Increasing my opportunities to learn more and gain experience with these engines. I have some time to watch for a really good deal. Will have to keep my eyes open. Thanks again Bruce yet one more reason why I love this site.

• 1 year later...

Bruce, are you sure that number is available from Rotunda? I tried searching and all I seem to get is number not found....then again it may be the Canadian site doing it's thing once again.

I just looked up the pictures of the tool kit, the plastic box holding the adapters is clearly marked Rotunda 105-R0107, it contains two 122 to 104 pin adapters which are marked 122-EC46 and 122-T30. There is also an overlay sheet but I couldn't read if there is a separate PN on it.

Good Luck!

Posted Image

Could someone check if these are still available from Rotunda? No matter what number I use I get the same old number not found on the Canadian side, and when I try the US side I get blocked.

• 4 weeks later...