Torque multiplier for sale

Rate this topic

I happen to have acquired an extra 4 to 1 torque multiplier.

It makes torquing 6.0L 6.4L or any other head bolts a unpleasant dream and not the full wake up sweating and screaming nightmare they are with out it.

I don't need two of them so for the BARGAIN PRICE of $220 (plus actual shipping cost) you can take it home with you.

I'll try to send it USPS flat rate but I don't know if that works to Canada.

Sadly... I would guess that Kieth will be the winner - first come - first served and all that...

However, our northern neighbour, PogoPossum would sure like a chance at one o' them new fangled tork nullifiers or whatever..... YooHoo - David!!! Over here!!!!!

I'm sorry but I can not make any deals, whether they be current or in the future, with the DEVIL

Posted Image

eastendpowerjoke

Posted Image

Tinker Bell Engineer

Posted Image

I couldn't sell you Bradley you might hurt youself with it and I would feel bad.

Posted Image

Look mama.....It's THE DEVIL

"You don't have what they call "the social skills." That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama."

I will be able answer all questions as soon as I have it in my hands the deal is, one of my tool truck guys has a source for them and you can't beat the price, so I told him to tell me when he had/was getting more. he told me Friday he's got more so I figured I would try to pass this great price to you guys I didn't want to buy them from him and not be able to pass them on.

My own I got through this same deal has a "Snap on" brand sticker on it with 1/2 input 3/4 output,I suspect any others to be the same.

I just bought one from Princess Auto on sale, shipped to the dealership, taxes included for just about the same price. $210 or thereabouts. It worked well on the pinion nut on the F550 dually differential I was working on the day it arrived that needed to be torqued to 800 ft/lbs or thereabouts. I bought it with 6.0 headgaskets jobs in mind.

I just bought one from Princess Auto on sale, shipped to the dealership, taxes included for just about the same price. $210 or thereabouts. It worked well on the pinion nut on the F550 dually differential I was working on the day it arrived that needed to be torqued to 800 ft/lbs or thereabouts. I bought it with 6.0 headgaskets jobs in mind.

In spite of the fact that Princess Auto appears to be a boutique of preference in our shop, it is one place I didn't even consider when looking for one of these....

I got lucky last week at a swap meet and stumbled on this pile of tools:

Posted Image

Some Snappy, some Proto, some New Britain (NAPA), all US made, all 3/4" drive. Asking price for the pile, $50. Would you take $40?

Which included this 4:1 torque multiplier.

Posted Image

He took the $40. I felt like a thief.....

The torque multiplier looks like it has never been used.

How do you use these things, anyway? Put a bar in the end and lock it against a solid point nearby?

Posted Image

Ever go to garage sales and yard sales?

Regularly! (Remember the fire extinguisher story I told recently about 4 for $8?) Another GREAT source of cheap tools is the local pawn shop. I've bought tens of thousands of dollars of tool at mine. Snap-On triple set, 38"(?) wide, full of Snap-On tools, $1500! It must have had 10K of tools inside. The pawn guy said the dude that pawned it brought in the top one week, then the center, then the bottom, and had an obvious coke habit.

Oh, well....!

The pawn shop guy got to know me so well he'd call me when Snappy stuff or big truck stuff came in. I'd guess the average purchase price was under 20% of retail price. Unbelievable when you think that he must have paid 10% of its value to the pawner and doubled his money to me.

It didn't do much for my relationship with my Snappy salesman, but he made enough money from my employees. I actually bought more from the Mac guy before he retired.

Posted Image

The torque multiplier looks like it has never been used.

How do you use these things, anyway? Put a bar in the end and lock it against a solid point nearby?

Posted Image

Yup. The hole in the end takes a bar(mine came with one attached), then put your socket on the 1/2 drive, a 3/4 drive tool on the other end and the bar(which goes the opposite direction to the drive end being turned) locked against something solid.

Just watch those pawn shop tools, though. On the first weekend on Sunday night, that our new shop was opened in February of 2000, a gang of thieves loaded all our tool boxes in the back of a used cube van from the lot after breaking open a safe to get the key. They used a forklift that was in the shop to load the boxes in the van. They had an inside man who got a job at the new Fastlane using another set of stolen tools. They drove the cube van over 2 curbs to get off the lot. Most of the tools were never recovered, except for one tech's box, missing most of the good stuff, beat up and painted black over the original red. They only found it because 4 years after the theft, the thief who kept it pawned a torque wrench at the local buy and sell shop. Another of the techs, who was not at the dealership at the time of the theft, looked at the torque wrench and recognized the initials carved in it and luckily the shop co-operated with the cops and the thief was caught with the box and lots more stolen loot from other burglaries at his house. The insurance company had already paid out on the claim, so the tech got his box back. Another tech's wrenches showed up at a flea market in a small town 100 km away. Buyer beware. Posted Image

Anytime you buy a used tool it could be stolen, whether you buy it from a pawn shop, flea market, Ebay, or the guy in the next bay. At least with pawn shops they have a written record of it's original pawner with a photo ID. I asked my pawn guy the same question about stolen stuff and he said they take in very little stolen property. Everything they take in is itemized and reported to the CPD so it can be cross referenced against burglary lists. They're pretty wise to thieves, because the pawn guy knows if the item turns up as stolen, he immediately loses it. They cooperate fully with the PD. I'm pretty confident none of my used tools are stolen.

Posted Image

OK I have it in my hands Keith I believe you asked first.

Therefore you are given first right of refusal.

It is brand new in the box but the box is a little rough looking.

1/2 drive input 3/4 drive output 1000 Lb Ft torque cap.

J.H. Willams Tool Group <------link Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK I have it in my hands Keith I believe you asked first.

Therefore you are given first right of refusal.

I was really looking for details for now. If someone wants it by all means sell it. Money is tight and there are at least 100 other things I need more than a torque multiplier though I could use it once a year or so. Cute kid. Does she come with the wrench? Just kiddin. I already have two little long haired screamers running around the house. Posted Image

Well I guess it was Jim next Posted Image or were you going to get one from Posted Image"PRINCESS" auto parts? If you wish to pass Jim then it's here and for sale to the first person that says they will take it. I'm presently out no cash for it but I will need to pay for it next Friday, so I either want to move it to loving hands or I'll just give it back.

I'm game... but I have to wait two weeks... that'll give me time to figure how to ship. It would be what , 4 or 5 kilos?

I just spent $2700 on new teefs so this week is tight.

FWIW, Princess Auto has a PowerFist branded multiplier for $249 CAD... 9:1 gear ratio... 1100 lb/ft.

If two weeks is too long to wait, let me know....