Oh no here it comes

Rate this topic

They're worrying about that? with no emissions inspection or repair program up there???

When I visit Winnipeg, the stench of diesel, and uncatalyzed exhaust is horrible, usually from the perimeter north to downtown.

How about get rid of the ancient city buses with 2 strokes that belch so much garbage that they make you gag!

I've seen so many cars, in such rough shape that I have to wonder. Pickups that are so rusted as to see through them and many, many cars with no exhaust systems on them to speak of.

I still remember seeing an early '90s Corolla leaking so much gasoline as it drove down the road, I couldn't believe it didn't blow up. Saw it every day for 2 weeks while cycling south out of the city.

I guess those "safeties" when the car is bought/sold, is good enough?

I guess those "safeties" when the car is bought/sold, is good enough?

Ontario is the same way - one safety is good forever, basically. Commercial vehicles and trucks over 4500 RGW are subject to annual inspection.

Just ran across this, looks like the shops in Manitoba will be busy with fuel repairs.

It all depends on if it's QUALITY bio, it's the non-ASTM spec stuff that causes problems. If it's good quality Bio it will have no affect on parts. I have a school bus fleet in MI that's runs several million miles on bio. ODOT mandates it, too.

Posted Image

Just ran across this, looks like the shops in Manitoba will be busy with fuel repairs........

http://www.biodieselmagazine.com/article.jsp?article_id=3715

Key statement... the mandate is for 2% biodiesel... For the 6.0 and 6.4 Ford says no more than 5% - we are still good to go... For the 6.7 Ford is saying 20%...

Nothing earth shattering yet.... even at 20% there is a good chance that cloud and gel points wont be too much of an issue for "us".

All the same... it is one thing for a politician to say "<THIS> is the way it shall be"... it is quite another thing for technology to agree with him....

Manitoba is being bold... one has to wonder how many <million dollar studies> have been chartered for such a decision....

Having said that, how much is really ever going to matter.... Even now, the law says that <this> isn't legal.... but we all do it... Read this part carefully.... VERY carefully....

Some of us do it because we are prostitutes... anything for a buck... hey sailor.... wanna get lucky? Some of us do it because prostitutes will do it... why should they get paid and I don't.... hey sailor... wanna get lucky? but not like I'm a prostitute,, I only do this because the prostitutes do.....

Whoops... biodiesel.... small time legislation rarely amounts to much.... But, in this case, it seems the Manitoba legislature has come up with something that looks good on paper... is ONLY inconvenient to those involved and is achievable with little fuss.... Without global consent it will fail.

Just to insert some sort of rationality.... The US has something over 304 million residents.....

Canada has some over 33 miliion.....

DUH!!!!!