DELUSIONAL CUSTOMERS

Rate this topic

snw blue by you

Get this. I replaced an HPOP a couple of weeks back on an '03 250 crank no start, no problem.

The customer picks up the truck, happy as a PIS.

This week he calls wanting to know why I replaced his shiny tube with some fuzzy black thing. Fuzzy black thing? You mean the insulation around the CAC tube right?

I don't know , he says, and whats a CAC tube?

All I know is, it wasn't there when I brought in the truck, and the other dealers I have been to say it's not supposed to be there.

Sir, I say; What I took off the truck I put back on, and in your case, the CAC tube was insulated, some are,some are not, your's is and always was. How does the truck run sir? Excellent, good, then what is the problem? You're buddy's 6.0L has a shiny tube Posted Image

I'm sorry, you need to talk with my service manager.

How do you argue with this logic?

Posted Image

I honestly believe that this type of person is just bad for business. You can spot them from the moment they open their mouth and know that you are not getting the real story. If they would just learn to be truthful and explain their concern or problem they would probably still get help. Unfortunately many of these types are just such a pain in the ass that they eventually get what they want anyway... and then many return again with the same attitude. I call these people "consumers" because they consume our efforts, usually our profits and almost always never give anything in return - sometimes a genuine thank you is more than enough!

The rest of the crowd, the ones that communicate like adults, genuinely appreciate our efforts and return for service along with warranty issues, I proudly refer to them as customers.

Welcome to the service business! Posted Image

That has got to be the biggest thing I've heard since these trucks have come out. "My buddy/cousin/neighbor/a bunch of the guys on the internet. Their truck doesn't do/have/look like that" I just want to tell them to go back to their Taurus or Ranger they had before buying their first diesel. Because the old school guys will tell you that their 7.3 didnt do that. Sometimes you gotta laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Then there's the guys that have a truck that is overloaded with just the body on it (forget about loading it) and want us to warranty a tranny at 95000? No service record or even history. Oh yeah, the jack ass had the nutz to call Ford and complain. Posted Image Well the engine is covered for 100000, so is the trans under the powertrain warranty? Posted Image

HuH?

• 1 month later...

A 2004 F-350 Harley Davidson w/6.0 rolls in with a list on the RO, no service work requested. Last line on the RO was a concern of coolant stains all over the engine. The OASIS shows two dealer visits within the last 3000 miles at two different dealers with the same concerns. After running down the diagnostics in the recent TSB on coolant over flow, nothing turned up leading to head gaskets.

Posted Image

It has a K&N "engine duster" intake, 4" down pipe to the stock cat then a DUAL 4" exhaust. The PCM data shows the last reset 37 miles ago, with 8 codes in it, engine over speed, a P1000 and mostly corrupt PCM data codes and communication faults in all other modules. And, heh, the VIN block is blank. I called an engineer.

What do you think the chances are this dude has been tossed out of the other two dealers? I did not find a programmer in the truck but I smell smoke! Waiting for Svc. manager to make a decision.

Hell, in my shop it would be warranty no question.All the customer has to do is whine!

What was the point in showing the Fordstar broadcast about modified and lack of maint vehicles,and how the warrany status can be changed?

Best of luck Keith.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yeah, I see a lot of whining and good will repairs in our shop too. What pisses me off is that it's usually the people that didn't buy their vehicle from us and or have never been in for service. Now, with 70K on the clock, they expect Ford (the dealer) to fix it for free. So after they call Ford and start all kinds of crap we end up fixing it... and never hear from them again!