08 f150 engine vibration

Rate this topic

psdtech

I got an 08 f150 with a vibration that is felt mostly in the steering wheel. its at 55mph around 1350rpm gets better in neutral or with o/d off a/c operation does not affect it previous tech indexed driveshaft. truck has 18000miles customer says it started 5000 miles ago and is getting worse tried different set of tires still the same road test with eva seems to be around 12-14hz i did the calculations in wsm but nothing fits in that category hotline told it was an engine vibration perform powertrain and exhaust mount neutralization which did not help i am out of ideas and further communications with the hotline have been fruitless has any one seen any concerns like this and what should i check next hotline say to replace engine mounts?

I did some searching on the web and it looks like the F-150's have a substantial issue with vibrations. I can't say that I have personally seen this issue, but from what I read has been steering to the wheels themselves being out of round. Anyone else have anything on this?

the oil level is ok i installed the frame damper kit from tsb 08-24-2 even though the hertz reading did not match it made a noticable difference but vib still there advisor said let customer try it so i guess we'll wait and see oh well time for more 6.0 driveabilities

I always worry when I read <something> is OK.... no numbers... just "OK"... Shaun... don't mind me... too many times I say "awwwww, 'he' wont fudge stuff....." This is after we have spent a lot of time on something...

The oil level is OK..... this can mean the engine has oil in it.... this can mean WTF does engine oil level have to do with a vibration.... What it NEEDS to mean is that the oil level is in the cross hatches... not above.... not below....

What do you feel at 1350 rpm in the service bay?

Where have you tried placing the EVA pickups?

Does the vibe change if you go from power to float to coastdown?

How about mode 6 data?