Bombshell!

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I heard a juicy rumor today that Ford is going to increase the warranty on all 2007 cars and trucks. I forget the details as to the time and distance or type. Sorry! It was a long meeting. This is likely to match the competition and help drive sales?

Good call, yep bumper to bumper. I guess everyone else will be getting a chance to catch up to us diesel techs in warranty hours. HA HA HA. I am soooo glad I decided to go back to college. There will be some serious crying going on by the non diesel techs.

Quote:
Effective with 2007 and subsequent Model Year Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury passenger cars and light trucks sold in the United States, the powertrain warranty coverage period is extended from 3 years / 36,000 miles (Ford/Mercury) and 4 years / 50,000 miles (Lincoln) to 5 years / 60,000 miles (Ford/Mercury) and 6 years / 70,000 miles (Lincoln).

Effective with 2007 and subsequent Model Year vehicles, safety restraint coverage is extended from 5 years / 50,000 miles to 5 years / 60,000 miles across all vehicle lines.

Full Roadside Assistance benefits (e.g., towing services, lock-out service and fuel-fill assistance) are extended through duration of the 5 years / 60,000 miles (Ford & Mercury) and 6 years / 70,000 (Lincoln only) powertrain warranty coverage period.

These warranty coverage changes are in response to Dealers request and will align Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles' powertrain coverages with the present offerings of some of the Company's major Asian competitors.