6.7 Training

Rate this topic

Nice site i really like it , the training instructor in cleaveland told us about it. Is anyone else here going to the pilot 6.7 class at the Kentucky truck plant in a couple of weeks it should be pretty interesting. Ill hopefully have alot of info to share on it

It would be nice to get an early peek at the details of this engine but it would only satisfy my curiosity. I would think this is not an official course. I was in the second week of 6.4L training here the NY zone and there were a few problems. I expect the Posted Image 6.7L will bring a lot more material to cover than the successive training previous engines had and I would prefer the glitches and errors be worked out. Don't get me wrong, I want the training but do I really want to be first?

Okay, who am I bullshitting? Posted Image

I have to be at the truck plant Nov 9th to take the web course then when that is over we get a tour of the plant, then nov 10-12 are the classroom days, i know there will be two instructors there taking the the class with us as well. There are two of us from cincinnati going and the rest from indianoplis area. I think i read thirteen of us are taking it.

• 2 weeks later...

getting ready to head out to louisville i wont have any internet access til thursday night but i am going to try and sneak some pics and put them on my facebook page.search for jim weartz

i dont know if i can access the site from my blackberry, but ill try like hell to get some info up i am ready to get there and check it out

well i took the web based test today its pretty straight forward, there will be some revisions from the one i took today shouldnt be bad, it was pretty neat we were able to give input on everything about it and there going to take some of our sugestions and use. There are 15 of us taking the class. The web based class will be up Feb 1 with classroom in march. Get a plant tour tomorrow as well any questions post em here and ill see if i can get some answers

oh and the new tourqueshift is a monster goona need a new jack to pull it out capable of handling 1400 ft lbs of tourque, in web course specs were 350 horse and 650 tourque

We were so tempted to pull that 6R140 off to see how the PTO is connected, and to see the CKP trigger wheel magnets, but as you may have noticed, the trans was propping up the rear of the engine.

The engine stand has that "oil level sensor" sensor on the pan, but the F-350 we used in class did not. I will have to look at some other trucks. Hope you enjoyed the class, even with all the ongoing corrections

Thank you the class was great,except for Curt stinking the class up lol, Ford has a winner with this engine. Ill post some more later just got home from the truck plant.