Spectra Termin-8R

Rate this topic

My Horton rep brought a couple of cans of this penetrating lube in for us to try out. When we rebuild the Horton fan clutches the center bolts are usually corroded and a real bugger to get out. So far it has worked real well. I never heard of it, but seems to doing better than the other P/L's that we have used.

http://www.spectra-ssa.com/termin8tr.html

That would be great if there was something that worked on those. I dont know how many of them I have had to wreck the cover to get them apart. I had a customer freak on me about a week ago when I broke that cover to get it apart. He wouldnt even give me time to explain that it comes in the rebuild kit. He ran to the service manager right away. I still like the older style horton hubs. Those were gravy to rebuild. Any idea where to get Termin-8r from other than horton?

I looked to try and find a distributor for it but haven't had any success yet. As for the really tough covers we just use a cut-off wheel and save time by cutting them in half. Like you said it comes in the kit. As for you guy's that don't know what I'm talking about go to the link, click on the repair options tab. You will see the breakdown of the clutch. Have you been doing any 2 speed upgrades to the Drive Master clutches yet? We are doing a ton of them right now. Anyone dealing with Garbage trucks, Gravel trains or anything else that is low speed but heavy haul is a candidate for the upgrade. Heat is the enemy on these clutches.

http://www.hortonww.com/catalog/mod_sear...p;units=english

I didnt know you could upgrade to the two speed. I will have to keep that in mind. They are a pain til you find a couple tricks for that cover. I looked for one too and havent found anything yet either.