alliant power injectors

Rate this topic

Steve Mutter

I have a f-450 tow truck with a build date of 9-22-2003 and engine ser. 6143766,the customer came in and wanted to replaced right bank of injectors and gave me allaint power injectors part # ap60900 that he got at another store,in the injector box was a massage about what injectors to use and how to tell by using the color of zip tie,the ones in the truck have a white top and a black zip tie,the ones the customer gave me have white zip tie and brown like color top and in there chart they do not have the injector that is in the truck, I called this diesel parts store and I gave them ford part # cn 5020 rm and could not cross the part # for me,has anyone else run into this,I have no idea if I have the right injectors, any input would be appreciated

Fuck it, put 'em in. Let him worry about it. Posted Image

Kidding.

I'd almost be tempted to order a CN 5020 RM .... last one I changed was an alliant power injector in a Ford box. It had the tan/brown top like you are describing.

Ask Larry - I bet you he can cross it for you!

Wow, there are only two 6.0 injector PNs with an ENGINE build cutoff date of 9-22-03, but if your TRUCK build date is 9-22-03, your engine must have been built prior to that. The application guide on alliantpower.com shows you have the correct injector, PN AP60900.

http://www.alliantpower.com/pdf/AP%20Injector%20Application%20Guide.pdf

Yes, I've had great luck with Alliants and promote them in my classes and books. The reman boxes have been coming with new injectors in them. Larry gives a great price for those working outside of the dealership environment and next day delivery.

Good Luck!

Posted Image