Obsolete Parts 2000 EXCURSION?

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

We are in the need of two parts that the parts list shows as obsolete for a 2000 Excursion w/6.8L Locator showed one of the parts @ a dealer in California, we called but no part.

[*]YC3Z-12B205-CB.........GEM

[*]YC3Z-14A068-BB.........Central Junction Box (dash fuse panel)

Any suggestions? Posted Image

F-series CJB isn't close? I imagine there's a couple other fuses in there, but could they be added, or maybe they're there as 'dummy' fuses in the F-series CJB?

I can imagine the GEM being different though.

These parts issues are starting to get out of control, the things they are discontinuing, I mean.

F-series CJB isn't close?

I dunno about that. Have you had one apart? There's "stuff" inside there, not just fuses......

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 6.0 fuel pump relay is one of those black cubes on later trucks but I didn't look to see what's in there on an Excursion.

Posted Image

Looks like a lot of used and salvage parts out there BUT as a dealership WE would not acquire them... if the customer were to obtain them that is fine as long as they understand that with used parts there is a risk that there will be a problem. This is actually a local Police department which also makes it difficult but that is for them to decide.

We'll get you used parts at our dealership and at a couple other stores I've worked at.(Apparently so will Brad's store, HA! Posted Image ) but you own it, including the labor to put it on, whether it's any good or not.

I am relatively hesistant to install auto wrecker parts, however.

I had a 5.4 3v we got from an auto wrecker that had been on fire, so I refused it. The second one they brought, they wanted all the intake coils etc off the old motor back so they could put it on the burned up motor and sell it to someone else.

Niiiice.

Maybe try SIA Electric- siaelectric.com -or 1 800-737-0915. They have saved my butt more than once. I try and talk to Kevin there, but he is not always available. It may be a longshot, but they have rebuilt a few things for me that were obsolete.They may not have a replacement unit for sale, only repair. Turnaround was usually only a day. Good luck

• 1 month later...

We ended up with a new fuse panel for a 2001 F350. We then removed the outer cover where the fuses and relays insert and added fuse terminals from the old fuse box that were missing in the new one. Then we opened up the wiring manual to the fuse and relay chart and installed them accordingly. Like magic. Posted Image