'06 F-350 Lot Rot Multiple Miss

Rate this topic

This R.O goes back to April, truck had 10 miles on it at that time.

Time for the sales yuks to do something other than stand around smokin'. Posted Image

Fire this bitch up,only to have it spit and pop,and make lots of other interesting noises.

We tried drivin' it out,and it got better, but in the end I decided further diag was called for.

Here it is roughly 3 months later, and I finally got to it( stock unit,you see ),and lo and behold # 4 has got a max of 100 psi,and # 7 has got 275 psi.

Gotta love job security. If the payin' customers don't bring me work,I can always rely on the sales dept. to leave trucks sitting for 4 to 6 months or more. Posted Image

This isn't the first time. Posted Image How about everyone else?

Our lot isn't real big but we are right on main street - you can spit out your truck window and hit one our new units.

DP is a progressive thinker and believes in changes.... likes to move things around, do stuff to catch the eye....

No cases of lot rot, yet...

In my last engine repair I made a call to the Hotline just for giggles. It seems that this is a common problem lately. A lot of new trucks sitting in stock... waiting for bodies, what ever. I find it amazing that enough moisture finds it's way all the way up and into a valve guide of an exhaust valve to cause rust. Isn't there supposed to be a little oil on that valve stem?

The 6.0 liter has got to be the most finiky powertrains Ford has used in a while. Customer comes in with egr stopped up with soot, talk to the customer "sir are you letting idle?" yes, well you can't do that. Comes in with turbo frozen, or valve jammed sideways in head "sir are you letting sit around without driving it?" yes, well you can't do that either. Comes in with lousy fuel mileage "sir are you running the engine hard with your foot to the board?" well guess what you can't do that either. We will give you a set of specific instructions on how to drive your rig, now go home and study hard, and by the way enjoy your new truck.