AWESOME CUSTOMERS

Rate this topic

Aaron

So I put a set of rear axle clutches in a dually for a customer of mine. Pretty good guy, he's really happy with the work, happy his truck was fixed right, fast, no repeat concerns, it's all good.

In chatting with him, he tells me he makes custom stuff, I check out his shop, they do water jet cutting and general machining, it's beautiful work. The only thing he tells me he can't cut is tempered glass.

So my wife has this store where they have all sorts of custom pet goodies -- leash hooks with your dog's name engraved in them and stuff like that, all sorts of cool shit. She has taken over this business from another person, and a lady ordered this leash hook thing with her dog's name in it quite some time ago, apparently -- and it has failed to show up.

I give my buddy a call, and run the idea by him, and he goes yeah no problem -- I can help her out of a jam. He goes to the store, grabs an example of what she needs made, and says we'll see what I can do, and oh -- stop by tomorrow, I have something for you too.

So, he calls today -- stuff is all done. I ask him, how long did that take to make? SIX MINUTES. And the previous supplier couldn't make this in like 90 days or more.

So he says, oh by the way, here's something for you:

Posted Image

License plate frame for my truck. That fucker is AWESOME.

All's I need is a piece of lexan to put between the frame and the plate to keep the plate good and clean.

So, after he gives me and Amanda all the goods, she says, well, what do I owe you for making the dog pieces for me?

He says "No big deal, don't worry about it."

Holy shit dude -- gotta owe ya something. Nope he says, won't take anything.

Super good guy, helped my wife out of a jam, on his own spare time, and did it for the benefit of helping someone else, not to make a buck which is a damn rare thing anymore.

If we had customers like that, our stress level would take a HUGE nose dive.

Since we're on the topic of awesome customers, I just had a customer who was aparently referred to ME specifically, by a few fellow members from that "monkey house" forum. Apparently, he was jerked around by BOTH of his local dealers, so he made the two and a half hour journey up to MY dealer for ME to address his issue. It didn't take me ten minutes to realize that his FICM had crapped out. In with a new FICM, and out he went.

Two weeks later, a DETAILED letter is sent to my manager, the dealer principle (I wish I could post it), and to FoMoCo about our "exceptional" service (what a joke), followed up with a visit to purchase a 2010 Fusion for the wife. I was a little taken back by the 28 pack of Canadian he threw my way, last Friday when came to take delivery of their purchase. This time, the OWNER even came down to thank me personally (something he hadn't done to anyone in the last five years I've been there).

If only all customers were like this ......

Been offered the 12-24-30 packs over the years. Not inclined to take them all though have been obligated to a few times. I am here to take care of the customers not look for a "gift" from them. If I do what I'm supposed to then it's all worth it being here. If I was looking for extras then I would probably sell used cars for a living....... Been told by a few that I should.......Don't want to, to honest......

Would rather go out and have a beer with my customer rather than recieve it un orthodox.

• 2 weeks later...