4.5l no low oil pressure

Rate this topic

I have a 08 lcf that has no low oil pressure and will not start. I have replaced the low oil pressure pump and have been cranking and has not built up yet. Have any of you had this problem or does it just take an ungodly amount of time to build up on these things. Thanks.

I believe this oil system is quite similar to it's big brother. I'd pull the oil filter out and crank the engine to verify oil is filling the filter housing, as it could just be "air bound". If not, I'd pull the pressure regulator or OPS out and crank the engine to see if oil flowed from the hole. If not, off with the pan to investigate. If it does flow from the regulator but won't build pressure, apply shop air to the OPS hole and see what hisses the most. I'm assuming this is a tow-in no-start, with no low oil pressure, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck!

Posted Image

Thanks Bruce, I removed the oil filter and it didnt fill the housing also I inspected the regulator all was ok. I added 4 quarts to the engine and it finally built pressure and cranked. I let it sit over night and drained the oil and refilled to correct level and tried to crank. It cranked up and I road tested it about 20 miles and all seems ok. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.