New air filter option

Rate this topic

it is designed for construction companies that will stop up a filter in a heartbeat, since the replacement filters are only about 15 bucks each, instead of 60ish wholesale for the powercores.

we have seen them come in, the filtration is pretty good for what they are, if i recall the filter number is the same as one for the 7.3's in the second gens. in the field, its easier to change them out for people that dont know the tricks to changing the powercores.

its worthwhile for people that are constantly in a dirty enviornment, but not worth the cost (kit is about 300 if i recall) for most people that have the powercore replaced every 30k or so.

Wix released this a couple of years ago to combat the high price of replacement PowerCore filters. I agree, the PowerCore is a better filter, but only if the MAF housing fits correctly. I've seen several with warped MAF housings where the PC does not seat correctly on the passenger side and leaks dirty air. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more dusted engines. That OE housing could really have used one more clip to retain the filter....

When this was released, it was selling for $55, housing and all. I think it's about $125 to a walk in and $95 on the good price list, the last time I checked. It's engineered nicely with a strong housing and lots of plastic reinforcement. They supplied me a freebie that I use in class. Napa has them on the shelf, too.

Personally,I wouldnt have it... I hope customers dont just start changing them out because they are cheaper, but then again, more engine work for the techs.. I can see it for extreme conditions, but not for everyone..The PC's are really good filters and last a good while from what I'm hearing..