2011 Ford Police Interceptor

Rate this topic

mchan68

Okay gents. Let's have a show of hands. Do you rate the 2011 Ford Police Interceptor a thumbs UP or thumbs DOWN?

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/

I give it a HUGE thumbs DOWN. NOTHING will ever replace a v8 propelling the REAR wheels in my opinion.

I dunno, Mike... The RCMPs fleet has had a mix of Chevys (I think Malibus or some such) for quite a while now. Same thing for Edmonton City Police. The slightly smaller cars are great for zipping around in urban areas and should give a little respite to the taxpayer that is paying for the gas going into these things.

An EcoBoost all wheel drive should be a formidable pursuit car and, more inmportantly, perhaps improvements in technologuy and technique might make dangerous high speed pursuit a thing of the past. The standard 3.5 flex fuel would be ideal for urban settings. Both engines would, hopefully, reduce some of the fleet costs.

In the fire service we had a motto... "200 years of tradition unimpeded by technological advances".

It was on the news today and they said it features wider opening rear doors, and cutouts for utility belts that police wear in the seat cushions. I'm sure they will get the eco-boost. It's cool (if it really didn't look a lot like the new impala) On safety feature is that it will pass a 75mph rear end crash which is a huge strength.

I have yet to hear someone say they don't like the new taurus.

Stock option is the naturally aspirated 3.5L, and there's a 3.5L ecoboost option, stock front wheel drive, available all wheel drive.

In the debut on the Official Ford Police Interceptor site, they said they plan on developing a "utility version" also and will be releasing more details on that later this year. Personally I think the smaller car with the ecoboost and all wheel drive will be a great improvement for our officers!

I wonder if the enhanced programing includes elevated torque and hp rating?If so I wonder what it is?

They talk about Pursuit Rated Performance in the video. The base 3.5 is rated at 260+ horsepower and 350+ lb. ft. of torque. The Ecoboost is rated at the same torque but with 356+ horsepower. All this with 25% better fuel efficiency and able ot use E85 fuel, with better emissions, safety, handling and utility. It sounds very good to me, but then I am not a cop. The biggest beef of the local cops about the competition has been lack of interior space compared to the larger Crown Vic's after installing a barrier between the front and rear seats. These have the same amount of space between the front and rear seats, which should eliminate that concern Posted Image.