Master Shim Kit For 8.8 Diffs

Rate this topic

I know this has probably been covered before at some point in time, but can anyone tell me if such a "kit" exists other than the ones in Ford school? I have one in my bay right now that is disabling me from other work (no "usable" spare bays).

I assume we are talking side bearing shims? No master kit that I am aware of... I collect any and all old ones I can and parts stocks at least one of all P/Ns.

I assume we are talking side bearing shims? No master kit that I am aware of... I collect any and all old ones I can and parts stocks at least one of all P/Ns.

Been there already. There WAS a box of old shims floating around in the shop awhile back, until the manager got the bitches to clean up the shop and throw out all the "unecessary" garbage. It's been a while since I've needed to overhaul an 8.8, so I've never had to visit this issue up until now. Of course, the ones I need aren't in stock, or available from FoMoCo either Posted Image