employment

Rate this topic

John Sarmer

Sorry, Keith, and thanks for reminding. I appreciate the site immeasurably, too, and am very grateful you invited me. I have had the honor, too, in being in the company of one heckuva group of talent and have absorbed so much and laughed alot! I suppose the red undercurrent was exposed, even if for a minute, and like removing a raditor cap from a hot radiator, the water flashed to steam. I promise from on to remember the professional creedo and apologize for the flames. Posted Image

Sorry Keith, I just have "problems" with management types like HGM that preach about the difficulty of techs being able to turn 40hrs in a 40+hr week are the techs fault.....he's full of zhit.....

See ya around, I'm done!

We have to admit that the 6.0 labor time situation is a very big issue. The discussions can get quite heated, but not talking about it makes us like the family that nobody mentions the "funny" uncle. The family is more concerned with how it may look to outsiders than dealing with the actual problem.

Last week we had two techs at school for transmissions and they said another group of techs were taking the diesel course. Guess the main issue that group griped about at every break/lunch was? The diesel group was comprised of young techs and they were already upset.

I like this site, and feel we should discuss diesel issues even if they make us uncomfortable. By facing it, we may be able to find solutions to allow many of us to survive in the future.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."G.B. Shaw

I should chime in too Keith, sorry for getting the guys fired up. It is a sensitive issue. Unfortunatly on the internet it is difficult to get your point across effectively without sounding like a turn-coat.

Like I said, I've been there and am now aware of some of the real reasons things are the way they are. I'll leave it at that since now I'm a "Manager type". Though if you truly understood what I am saying, you'd love to have me as a manager.

I'll try to let you guys have these boards to do your venting w/o sticking my nose in them and will try to assist on the vehicles only. Good luck and try to keep a little positive or it will drive you nuts.

Quote:
Originally posted by John Sarmer:

It it diificult at best for all of us working within Ford's guidelines and training requirements(not to mention repairing an engineered nightmare) It troubles me to see so many discontented technicians who feel unappreciated, but it is difficult for me, as an employer to have too much sympathy for someone (at least in my organization) who makes $85,000 to $105,00, works 8am-5pm M-F, gets all holidays off and 2 weeks a year off and gets paid full wages for time spent in school. All this for having the willingness to learn and displaying a good work ethic. There are alot of professionals out there that would like to have life so good.

You guarantee me 60K and I'll be there end of next week. I'm the real deal. Customer comes first in "my" world not big numbers. That is going to have to be the way of the future or we won't survive!

Put your money where you mouth is!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

ill one up that. it would be hard to give up what i have. i make about 60K a year. i get 10-11 payed holidays. i have great medical/dental/vision coverage that covers me, wife and 4 kids at a very minimal cost to me and co-pay for office visits and drugs ar very low. i get 3 weeks payed vacation a year. been at my current dealer for 11+ years now and im fully certified. being hourly, i enjoy my job in that i can worry about fixing the vehicle right the first time without the worries of am i going to make time, even if that means taking longer then what SLTS actually will pay for the job. my additude is take the extra time to make the customer happy, cp or warranty, without customers we dont have jobs. oh btw at my current job i average about 120 hours a month on warranty work and the rest on the rare cp jobs i get. i do anything thats thrown my way, why? i have a family to support, turning down jobs means less then a full pay check