No pedal response

Rate this topic

I'm working on a 04 F350 with a 6.0L. Intermitently after this truck is driven it will have no pedal response. I verified this last week. I put a prop rod on the accelerator pedal and let it run at about 1800rpm for about 20min. Another tech said that it stopped running, so he went out to start it(with the prop rod off the accelerator pedal) and it would only idle. I got in it and verified it. It seemed to be idling low. I tried to do a KOER self test and got code p1725 for engine idling too low. By the time I pulled up some pids it was back to normal. The only dtc that it had was a contioious p0299. Hotline told me to check my icp for being biased and replace the ipr which I did. The truck is back. They say it does the same thing and I have not been able to verify it agian, and now I don't have any dtc's. The hotline engineer told me that if I had a bad ap sensor that I would have like 6 dtc's for it. Has anyone had one like this?

I didn't have a chance to look at the 3 ap pids before it started to run ok. The hotline engineer told me that if 1 sensor fails and the pcm only lets the engine idle that it will set a bunch of codes.

I've seen a few with the ICP harness shorted on VREF.. In earlier models, this would cause a PCM reset and shut the truck of, with the new PCM, it will just kill one VREF circuit and the truck will continue to run.. Look at all of the VREF circuit on the APP side.. Just a thought, good luck..

You know that was actually one of the scenarios that I was thinking of. I spent a lot of time wiggling harnesses and looking for a chaffed wire. Finally I unplugged the EP sensor, Started the truck and jumped Vref to ground. The truck stalled and would not even crank. I tried this with the ICP and the AP sensor. Same exact thing. So I hooked up the VDR and hopefully I will have a better idea of what is going on when it comes back. Right now I am all out of ideas and I haven't even verified it since it came back. Thanks.

probabbly not.....the short that caused the pcm to reset and have no throttle response will most likely kill the pid data. i watched another tech make several recordings and find nothing because the pids all flatlined at the time of the short. he eventually replaced the ficm harness.

• 2 weeks later...