7.3 powerstroke injector cancel box

Rate this topic

I am not sure if the tool is available from Ford anymore or if it actually ever was but there is a listing in the Diesel Mentor directory for http://www.dieseltools.net where the tool is available along with adapters for several makes and model engines.I got mine years ago from Intermotive Products but I don't see it anywhere ion their website any more. You could try calling them at 530-823-2332

I built one and it was really easy as mentioned. The hard part is finding the 40 pin harness connector, I am still looking for mine going on 2 years now. You cant buy the connector from ford so you have to salvage one from a vehicle. the engine harness side isnt to tough we have all replaced the engine harness at one time or another, it is the dastardly vehicle side of the connector that is almost impossible to get a hold of.

...And there are a bunch of different 42 ways used on cars that look the same but won't work. Ask me how I know...

Posted Image

Could you not use both halves of the "wrong" connector and move the pins as needed?

Nope, It has to connect in series with the 7.3 Engine harness on the truck you're working on. If you don't use the proper connectors to make your tool they won't connect to the vehicle.

Ah yes I forgot about getting that connector. I think I got lucky and had one floating around the shop.

you should be able to hit a pick and pull yard and find a wrecked truck to cut one from

• 1 month later...