V10 Engine Being Offered On F-650/F-750

Rate this topic

mchan68

Probably they will stick with the Cummins and the Cat. They are offering the gas engine as a cost reduction (diesel option prices are getting a bit..... ahhhhhhh, exhorbitant, shall we say?). Also, they are going to offer the V10 with CNG or LPG alternate fuel options.

If you have a spare 130,000USD (what be dat? 1300 Benjamins?), you might consider this truck.... even though it just screams "I have a tiny willy".

Probably they will stick with the Cummins and the Cat.

I'd be surprised if they didn't offer the 6.7 or make it exclusive as a engine option. Most or all of the HD mfr's are going to their own engines rather than offering the Cat/Cummins/Detroit options we grew up with. Navistar will discontinue all other engines than their own soon with the MaxxForce 11/13 being their OTR bread-and-butter motor and the MaxxForce 15 being the big boy.

If you have a spare 130,000USD (what be dat? 1300 Benjamins?), you might consider this truck.... even though it just screams "I have a tiny willy".

IH had their version of this one, too, but was discontinued for low sales:

http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/CXT%20yellow.jpg

Posted Image

As far as I knew Cat is out of the on-highway engine business or will be after this year

Gad.. how's that for old guy memory... I can remember reading about that quite a while ago now...

FWIW, the early hype on the Torqueshift 6 did say it was slated for the 650/750. I can't see them flanging it for the Cummins/Cat kinda bell housing to replace the Allison.... and that means that it (the 650/750)will most likely see the 6.7

FWIW, the early hype on the Torqueshift 6 did say it was slated for the 650/750. I can't see them flanging it for the Cummins/Cat kinda bell housing to replace the Allison.... and that means that it (the 650/750)will most likely see the 6.7

The 6.7L uses a circular shaped bell housing bolt pattern that's completely exclusive to that particular engine. The 6.2L however, shares the same bolt pattern as the 4.6/5.4/6.8L V8 and V10 engines, which to me means there HAS to be two different transmission cases that are engine application specific. What I am curious about though, is whether or not there will be: A. a PARK selector position on these F-650/F-750 versions, and B. whether or not there will be different ratios than the F-250 through F-550 versions.

It never did mention whether or not it will mated to manual either.

I didn't realize the bellhousing thing so I did some looking. The bellhousing flange is the SAE flange - the industry standard flange. (factoid... the TS6 dry is advertised at 353 pounds - no indication if that is with or without converter. The pics I have seen have the trans mounted in the engine stand). While a manual trans isn't going to be offered in the SuperDuty, this bellhousing may indicate that there may be an offering in the class 6 trucks.